The Gold Coast is a metropolitan city in the state of Queensland, Australia. It is the 6th largest city in Australia with an area covering 1402 square kilometers. In terms of population, the Gold Coast has over 560 thousand people who are expected to increase at a rate of 1.28 to 2.25 percent each year. With long beaches, bars, shopping centers, and golf courses, the Gold Coast offers a relaxed atmosphere all year round. The Gold Coast is one of the most attractive cities in Australia to live in.
If you own a rental property in the Gold Coast, Australia, you can be sure to receive a lot of tenants wanting to live in the area. However, to get more tenants, you should make sure that you keep your property well-maintained. Fortunately, you can hire a company to do building maintenance in the Gold Coast to help you maintain your property.
What is Building Maintenance?
Building maintenance is an integral part of making a rental property productive. Building maintenance is composed of different sets of tasks that must be done regularly to keep a property in top-notch condition and comfortable to tenants or customers.
What Services are Included in Building Maintenance?
Building maintenance services includes but is not limited to the following services:
- Cleaning of Common Areas. If your property is a strip mall, your tenants are responsible for the cleanliness of the spaces that they are renting. As the owner of the property, you are responsible for keeping the common areas clean and comfortable for customers. The same goes for apartment complexes; the tenants are responsible for cleaning their units. Still, a professional building maintenance service should clean common areas such as the lobby, the walkways, and other shared areas.
- Inspecting, Repairing, and Maintaining Electrical and Utility Systems. A professional company doing building maintenance in the Gold Coast will regularly check your electrical systems for damages and will repair them on the spot. Building maintenance companies are also responsible for regularly cleaning the HVAC systems of your property.
What are the Different Types of Maintenance Workers? Professional companies offering services like building maintenance in the Gold Coast typically hire the following workers.
- Janitors are workers that have passed the necessary training and are certified to handle all cleaning services required by property or facility which includes mopping floors, carpet cleaning, bathroom tile cleaning, and window cleaning. Janitors know the use of appropriate cleaning chemicals that will not damage any part of your property.
- Maintenance Technician. Building maintenance companies also have professional and licensed technicians that inspect and repair electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems of a property or facility.
- Maintenance Supervisor. The role of the maintenance supervisor is to plan and assign the different maintenance workers to different job sites and shifts. Maintenance supervisors are also responsible for handling personnel issues which include interviewing and hiring different workers and technicians.
A building maintenance company will handle the upkeep of all the systems needed to keep a property or facility running in top-notch condition. Apartment complexes, for example, will need a maintenance team to keep common areas such as shared lobbies or gardens clean and aesthetically pleasing. Government facilities likewise make use of building maintenance services to ensure that the city buildings and offices are always kept clean and comfortable to serve the public.